Fracking is the wrong choice for New York, and the planet, for many reasons, but some of the most compelling reasons are the danger it poses to our environment and its role in accelerating global warming.
In this section you will find articles on:
- how fracking increases air pollution;
- how methane, the primary component of natural gas, is a more potent greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide;
- how fracking contaminates water;
- the danger of fracking accidents;
- the peril of fracking’s toxic chemicals spreading from flooding;
- how fracking increases the incidence of earthquakes;
- how fracking threatens our most special places such as the Catskill Park and the Delaware River Basin;
- how new processes such as fracking with liquid propane gas perpetuate the problems that already exist with fracking;
- the evisceration of regulatory exemptions that are supposed to protect us.
Please click here to learn more about what’s wrong with fracking: